Applying a Custom Wallpaper
The Flash Drive Method
You will need:
- Your computer, containing some wallpapers downloaded from NXEW.
- A USB pen/flash drive
THE EASY PART!
1. Select the custom wallpaper(s) you would like to use from 'The Wallpapers' link. Right click and select 'Save Picture As' on the wallpaper to save the file as a JPEG on your computer.
2 Simply insert your pendrive into your computer, and transfer your wallpaper(s) across onto the flashdrive. They can be anywhere on the drive - on the root directory is the simplest way to do it though.
3. Eject the drive from your computer, and insert into the USB port on the front of the XBox 360 console.
THE EVEN EASIER PART!
4. Using your XBox 360 controller, navigate to 'My XBox' by pressing up/down on the d-pad or analogue stick.
5. Navigate to the window titled 'Picture Library' by pressing right on your d-pad/analogue stick, and hit 'A' to enter.
6. Choose 'Portable Device' in the next menu, and hit 'A'.
7. Now you should see the root directory of your USB drive. Highlight the picture you want to try out and hit 'Y' to apply it.
The Media Centre Method
Refer to the setup instructions HERE for a walkthrough on streaming files from your PC to your XBox 360.
Once you have applied a picture as a wallpaper, it is stored on your XBox 360's hard drive for use any time. To access a previously used custom wallpaper, do the following:
1. Navigate to 'My XBox' by pressing up/down on the d-pad or analogue stick.
2. Navigate to the window titled with your gamertag/profile name (should be 'right' once) and hit 'A'.
3. In the new menu that opens, scroll down and pick 'Change Theme'.
4. A list appears showing all your downloaded themes, and also every picture you have applied as a theme previously.